Sat, Feb 11|
Chinook Blast: Coffee, Beer, Bikes, Cinnamon Buns, Granola, and More
Join SNO for a celebration of winter sports at Shaganappi Golf Course! Trail advice and membership info from SNO volunteers, free Bow Cycle fat bike demos & Cycling Co fat bike lessons. Enjoy tastings from Eighty-Eight Brewing, Crickle Creek Coffee, Big Buns Club cinnamon buns, and Onie granola!
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2023, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Calgary, 1200 26 St SW, Calgary, AB T3C 1K1, Canada
About the event
- Get trail advice and a SNO membership from SNO volunteers. (SNO = Shaganappi Nordic Operations Club)
- Eighty-Eight Brewing will provide beer tasting.
- The Big Buns Club is providing cinnamon buns at wholesale pricing so the first 50 people attending each weekend will receive a bun.
- Crickle Creek Coffee is attending to provide drip coffee samples of their four family estate grown coffees.
- Onie Granola samplings will be available to enjoy
- Free Norco fat bike demos from Bow Cycle on January 28th and February 11th (not February 4th) (10 bikes are available and you need to provide a helmet and sign a waiver).
- Free fat bike lessons from the Cycling Co. EDIT Feb 8th: Skills sessions (body position, cornering) will run at approximately 11:00, 12:15, and 1:30, followed by trail sessions at 11:30, 12:45, and 2:00 on Saturday. Come on out!!!
Note that these events are weather dependent. If you RSVP, a cancellation e-mail will be sent if it is too cold to run the event.
Learn more about the Chinook Blast events at Shaganappi from a recent article in the Calgary Guardian.